What’s New – February 2022
Welcome to our February update containing significant improvements that will help you manage some of your daily operations within the Hector application.
- Penalties can now be setup for loaners that are late or brought back broken. Penalties can be calculated through a point system, or by setting specific amounts. For more information, you can navigate to our main article on how to setup this new feature.
- A new vertical menu has been added when modifying loaner settings in a stockroom for easier access to the information.
- Permissions have been extended by user, group and department, for access to the stockroom’s assets, as well as making reservations or having read-only access to loaners.
- Add resources to the loaner header like places, customers, vendors or contacts.
- Show/hide fields in the loaner catalog.
- Items can be auto-added to the cart if they are available (saving two clicks).
- Assets can be consumed against a loaner.
- When setting up schedules, it was previously impossible to put 00:00 to 24:00. This time range is now available to use.
- Assets with lot sizes can now be assigned to kits.
- For customers with the Castle plan, a new multiple assign asset page is available to asset multiple assets to users, places, customers, vendors or contacts.
- The ability to set up an owner per purchase order stage is customizable from the Settings > Operations section.
- Grid and form layouts can now be setup by role, group, or department, allowing administrators to hide fields that are not useful for certain roles.
- This unique feature will be rolled out to the entire application in the coming months.
- Attributes of type User or Place can now be created and attached to every entity in the database.
- For customers with à Castle plan, or a personalized customization à la carte item, a new section in the Settings menu called Branding will allow these customers to adapt the colors of the application to that of their organization.
- When generating custom barcodes or QR codes, your logo can be placed above or below the barcode.