So why are some organizations still afraid of cloud solutions?
At first glance, this is often because not all large organizations are aware of the various benefits that cloud solutions provide.
They have preconceived ideas about the stability of their data (computer “bug”), and the costs involved in the installation. Also, they are concerned about the technological barrier itself, i.e. the change management.
Finally, the idea of having to depend on an external supplier seems to be a barrier for many organizations.
Yet, when you compare the pros and cons of a local server versus a cloud server, in an era of knowledge sharing and remote work, the local server has a lot to live up to.
A cloud solution, the advantages!
- 100% customizable solution, providers can adapt the cloud solution to the needs of an organization
- Accessible worldwide, 24/24
- The data is secure and encrypted, and the servers are updated regularly to prevent security breaches.
- Gathers data in one place, so that all users have access to it (with rights management)
- Works in most cases by subscription, so you don’t have to sign a long term contract
- Updates are performed automatically, without disturbing your activity, which also ensures that you are always in compliance
- Maintenance costs are the responsibility of the provider, not your organization
- This software is constantly evolving, adapting to technological advances and business needs
- Keeps a history of data to facilitate the exchange between the different employees of an organization
One step at a time!
Finally, another advantage of a cloud solution is that you can make a smooth transition.
You can start by learning more about cloud solutions by reading our article on the subject.
Next, it will be important to identify the goals behind your cloud software acquisition. What resources do you need it for? This will help guide your research to better choose your cloud management software.
Hector is a cloud software that automates your inventory and centralizes important business data. It offers a fully customizable tool and great customer service.
In addition, we offer a demonstration and a free trial for all. The implementation can be progressive, or completed in an average of 2 to 3 weeks, which will allow you to be operational very quickly.